Tuesday, September 15, 2015

A coastal walk....




On clear sunny days it seems like you can see for miles from this lookout overlooking our town of Whangamata. These photos are taken on another walk I did a couple of weeks ago with my daughter Amelia and her boyfriend. I felt grateful to have had the afternoon off on such a stunningly beautiful day...

Clark island on the left can be accessed by foot at low tides..
A couple of paddle-boarders taking advantage of the waves coming in on the 'bar'. I tried paddle-boarding for the first time last summer and I am addicted and looking forward to doing more this summer...

A little known, secluded beach in between Onemana and Whangamata..




 Feeling blessed to have been able to spend some quality time with these two...


2 comments:

Needled Mom said...

What a stunning walk you had! Beautiful photos too.

Sue said...

What glorious photos Catherine of the beach. I am guessing taken from the lookout on the Peninsula? I haven't been along the Peninsula road since I was a child, could be time to do it again. Should be over in October, maybe then.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...