Saturday, June 14, 2014

Flag inspired retro dining chairs

 Finished up the last of these chairs yesterday afternoon.  Once again one of my neighbours helped me out and fixed a couple of the chair seat bases that were in need of some minor strengthening repairs.
 So after I had finished the Union Jack chair, inspiration came to me to do the other two chairs with simple flag designs so they would have not only be a similar colour but also have some sort of theme in common too. A quick search on Google and I came up with the 'Swiss' and 'Norwegian' flag designs chosen because of their simplicity and similar colour combos. I also needed them to look good with the blue and white stripe oilcloth that I already and put aside to cover the seats. So pleased with how they have turned out. Wish I had more of these chairs to re-vamp now... Which one do you like best??

9 comments:

Karen said...

They are sensational Catherine! There is no way I could pick a favourite. I would have a whole table full if I could!

DianeY said...

I can't pick a favorite either, but the combo of all 3 makes any one look more fabulous

Tami @ Lemon Tree Tales said...

Very fun. I can see these chairs at a pretty painted white wood table with some bright blue vases and red gerber daisies. :-)

Tami @ Lemon Tree Tales said...

Very fun. I can see these chairs at a pretty painted white wood table with some bright blue vases and red gerber daisies. :-)

Wendy said...

A favourite? The Union Flag of course! But then I am English! They look great together

Julie said...

They look great. What is your next project now?

Julie said...

They look great. What is your next project now?

Barbara said...

I like all of these three chairs. But as a Swiss I would of course be sitting on the left chair ;-) !
Greetings from here to the other side of the world.
Barbara

Natsu Uaganda said...

Get Hourly profit for 200 hours on every hour without any risk and without any work, best business plans ever
AllTimeProfit.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...